As a school counselor who borrowed over $42,000 in student loans and paid it off in 34 months,
I’ll reveal the steps that worked for us.
Gather this basic information to understand your current debt situation is an essential first step.
1. UNDERSTAND HOW MUCH DEBT YOU HAVE
I had great results by focusing on one goal, one loan at a time.
2. CHOOSE ONE DEBT TO PAY OFF FIRST
Doing a zero-based budget each month was an critical piece of the puzzle.
3. CREATE A BUDGET EACH MONTH
Next, you’re ready to set a goal for paying off your debt. It may change over time, but that’s ok.
4. SET A LOFTY YET REALISTIC GOAL
I consistently find ways to make money from home to increase our family’s income.
5. START A SIDE HUSTLE TO INCREASE YOUR INCOME
Finding a community of people who were open to talking about money was another key to success.
6. FIND YOUR NERDY YET SUPPORTIVE MONEY TRIBE