Hey there, welcome to Wealthy Nickel! If you are ready to stop living paycheck to paycheck and take control of your finances, this blog is for you.
I have one simple mission here at Wealthy Nickel: to help you fight back against debt and consumerism, and guide you on the path to financial freedom. I promise that if you stick around, you will learn how to get out of the cycle of debt and achieve true wealth (hint: wealth is more than just money).
I am a 30-something husband and father of two young kids. I’ve always been interested in personal finance, and an admitted spreadsheet nerd. But I didn’t really put a lot of thought into my financial future until we were planning to have our first child.
I realized I needed to figure out this money thing, and how to provide for my family’s future. We wanted my wife to be able to stay home with our kids when they were young, so we needed to figure out how to live on one salary. We had already started dabbling in rental properties and decided to go all-in on this side hustle.
Through hard work (and some luck) we were able to increase our net worth by $1 million in 5 years, and put us on the path to financial freedom and independence. Since then, I’ve been on a mission to find other ways to save money, make passive income, and increase our investments.
I also discovered a passion for helping others in their financial journey to escape the paycheck to paycheck cycle and take control of their money. I hope to be able to share my real experiences in achieving financial independence while living on a single income and raising a family, and inspire you to reach your own goals!
Wealthy Nickel in the News
Our story or advice has been featured on the following websites:
- Millionaire Dojo Millionaire Interview #1 with Andrew from Wealthy Nickel
- Finance Superhero 5 Pro Tips for Buying Your First Rental Property
- Personal Finance for Beginners How To Adult: Managing Your Money Like A Grown-Up
- Rockstar Finance Why Should We Tithe: The Compound Giving Effect
- Money With a Purpose Should I Hire a Professional Property Manager for My Rental Properties or Do It Myself?
- Vital Dollar How to Generate Income from Rental Property